0

Lone Oak Estate Winery

Address
36050 Highway 128
Cloverdale, CA 95425
United States

Winery Features

Established:
1929
Lone Oak Estate Winery is located in southern Mendocino County, California. They are the first winery of the five based in the Yorkville Highlands Appellation on the well traveled Highway 128 scenic coastal route.
Story

Their vineyard, which surrounds their tasting room, continually produces high quality fruit. As a family owned and operated business they continue to strive and produce award winning wines for our enjoyment.

The vineyards and winery are truly family owned and operated from planting to bottling. Everyone plays an important role in the operation of their family business, along with extended family and friends.

In 1929, John F. Ratto founded the Lone Oak Ranch and Vineyards, located approximately five miles north west of Cloverdale. In the wine country it is known as Yorkville Highlands Appellation in Mendocino County. Using the skills they acquired as young men in their native Ligurian region of northern Italy, John&;s father Giusseppe Ratto and his father in-law Lorenzo Bertucci planted the first vines on their hillsides in the spring of that same year. They have been producing high quality fruit distinguished by its vibrant character for four generations.

In 2002, their family joined the growing market of wine making with their first crush. Their hand-crafted, award winning wines are barrel-aged for twenty four months in French oak and bottled-aged a minimum of six months. In the winter of 2005 they were pleased to introduce our award-winning wines with the distinctive blends and excellent flavors from the fruits of their hillside vines.

Their winery is a family owned and operated business. They are excited to be opening their tasting room in the summer of 2012. They are fortunate to be located on the beautiful coastal Highway 128 on the Sonoma/Mendocino County line. They are only five miles from Cloverdale, and their tasting room will retain the history and charm of the old existing "ranch house" where many generations have enjoyed the beautiful views of the valley.